- Applications close
- 25 January 2019
What you'll receive
- $10,000, paid in two instalments over one year
We'll also help you to:
- make contact with rural networks to take part in activities that maintain or develop ties to rural Australia
- connect with a rural nurse mentor, where appropriate.
You must be:
- a female Australian citizen or permanent resident
- enrolled or have submitted an application prior to the Scholarship application closing date for postgraduate study in:
- NS80 Master of Advanced Practice
- NS88 Master of Nurse Practitioner
- committed to working in rural and remote areas of Australia in the future.
Previous award recipients may apply.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, you must complete and submit the application form:
- application form as a PDF (PDF file, 286.0 KB)
- application form as a MS Word document (DOCX file, 19.9 KB)
Contact Wendy Raitelli for more information about the application process.
What happens next?
We'll shortlist applications and hold interviews following the closing date.
Applications will be assessed on:
- academic merit
- your commitment to working in rural and remote areas of Australia in the future
- financial need.
Preference will be given to candidates from rural or regional Australia who would not be able to study without financial assistance.
The selection process will be finalised by mid February 2019, and we will notify you of the outcome of your application.
You must remain enrolled in one of the eligible courses to keep your scholarship.
About the scholarship
The Ron Macnamara Rural Nursing Scholarship aims to foster the further education of female advanced practice nurses and nurse practitioners, with a view to making a difference to the future of rural and remote Australia. Ms Laurie Cowled honours her late husband, Ron Macnamara, who passed away in February 2005, by offering The Ron Macnamara Rural Nursing Scholarship.