- Applications close
- 30 July 2021
What you'll receive
A $5,000.00 scholarship to be used to undertake professional development to advance your professional skills relevant to acting. The activity can be undertaken after graduation. The scholarship is open to individuals and also groups who may wish to submit an activity that supports a collective outcome.
You or your group must:
- be in the final year of your Bachelor of Fine Arts, Acting degree
- be eligible to complete the degree at the conclusion of 2021.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, you or your group must:
- submit a written statement outlining your or your group's achievements and proposed intentions for professional development activities including how it will support your career opportunities
- where possible, include a budget outline for the proposed activity
- complete an application form (DOCX file, 31.7 KB)
- submit to email@example.com.
Funds will be dispersed once formal confirmation of the activity is provided.
What happens next?
A selection panel of QUT staff and relevant donors will select the recipient or recipients based on ranking and shortlisting of written applications. If shortlisted, you may be requested to attend an interview.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email after the selection committee has assessed all applications.
The scholarship funds must be used for the intended purpose of professional development. A written report is required for the donor at the conclusion of the activity funded by the scholarship.
About the scholarship
The award is generously supported by the Blocksidge family and other donors to keep the memory of Jennifer Blocksidge alive.
Jennifer Blocksidge played a pivotal role in Brisbane and Australian theatre through her contribution to the formative years of QUT's acting program and her tenure as Director of La Boite Theatre Company.