- Applications open
- 16 May 2022
- Applications close
- 5 June 2022
What you'll receive
- Three semester allocations totaling $12,000 based on the achievement of milestones during the internship. All payments will be made post-census in Semester 2.
You'll also have access to non-financial benefits, including:
- a 16-week full-time placement at Rumbletown Agencies – Rumble Creative (Advertising & Creative), Aruga (PR & Social Media), Romeo (Digital) and Scout (Media Planning & Buying)
- on-the-job training with business leaders and team members from award-winning creative agencies: Rumble Creative, Aruga, Romeo and Scout.
The Rumbletown Pathways Scholarship is defined as a non-academic achievement-based scholarship. It is predicated on the achievement of cultural, age and career advancement benchmarks. QUT Scholarship Concurrency Rules allow students to hold other scholarships while in receipt of a non-academic achievement-based scholarship.
You must identify as (at least one):
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Australian South Sea Islander
- from a culturally and linguistically diverse background (eg. migrant or refugee background with at least one parent born overseas)
- first in family to attend university
- a non-school leaver or mature aged student (aged 25 years or older)
- from a low-income household and struggling financially.
Applicants will be required to submit official documents to verify identification status (eg. Refugee Application; Permanent Humanitarian Visa confirmation; Confirmation of Aboriginality; QUT Equity Scholarship recipient letter; Statutory Declaration for First In Family).
You must also meet all of the following criteria:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be undertaking Advertising, Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Integrated Marketing Communications or Communication as a primary discipline of study
- be enrolled in full-time study in a Bachelor of Business single or double degree, or a Master of Business program at QUT
- have a minimum of 48 credit points remaining on plan at the time of application
- be eligible to enrol in a relevant work integrated learning unit and/or experiential learning unit (BSB305 or BSN420)
- possess a passing GPA (minimum 4.0) at the time of application
- have a strong interest in pursuing a career in disciplines and professions reflected in Rumbletown agencies
- be available to undertake a 16-week full-time internship (or equivalent) at Rumbletown in Semester 2, 2022.
You must also:
- explain how receipt of this scholarship will support your academic pursuits
- demonstrate how this scholarship will increase your capacity to engage and contribute to your own and/or other communities
- share a personal narrative
- be willing to promote the cultural diversity/mature age agenda in university and local communities.
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT College student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses.
How to apply
- Applications are invited from commencing and continuing business students who meet the above criteria.
- Visit the Rumbletown microsite and completed the application form which is available there: Rumbletown Pathways.
- Submit your completed application by 11.59pm on the due date.
Email email@example.com for more information.
What happens next?
- The sponsor reserves the right to extend the application closing date, pending interest received in the opportunity.
- We'll send you an email to let you know that we've received your application.
- A panel of representatives from QUT Business School and Rumbletown agencies will assess your application. We'll pay particular attention to how well you've addressed the selection criteria and presented your case using creative techniques.
- We'll contact you to let you know if you've been shortlisted. This may take a few weeks.
- If you're shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview with the panel. We will phone you to arrange an interview and confirm the details in writing.
- After your interview, we'll let you know if your application is successful. If it is, we'll send you a letter with confirmation and further details.
Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to receive $12,000 spread over one semester (with all conditions met) in addition to on-placement training from award-winning creative agencies.
About the scholarship
The Rumbletown Pathways Scholarship champions diversity and inclusion within the advertising, marketing and public relations industries in Australia.
Created by Brisbane-based industry trailblazers Rumbletown – a township of independent agencies comprising Rumble, Aruga, Edison, Romeo and Scout – this unique scholarship opportunity provides one student per year with unrivalled access, experience and mentorship across four unique disciplines: Advertising, Digital, Media and Communications.
The student selected will identify with a group or groups that are significantly underrepresented in these disciplines and professions – specifically mature-age or non-school leaver students who have returned to study, or a student who identifies as Indigenous or from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, or a student from a low-income household who is struggling financially.