What you'll receive
Benefits of a Rhodes Scholarship include:
- All University and College fees
- The University application fee
- A personal stipend for living expenses
- Private health insurance
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship
- The opportunity to participate in the life of the Rhodes community in Oxford.
You can find the scholarship eligibility information on our Rhodes Scholarships Queensland applications page.
How to apply
Applications open on 1 July 2021 and close on 10 September 2021.
QUT administers the Queensland Rhodes Scholarship on behalf of all Queensland universities. You can find information on the scholarship, how to apply and how candidates are selected on our Rhodes Scholarships Queensland applications page.
About the scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship is the world’s oldest and arguably most prestigious international scholarship program.
Established in 1902 under the terms of the Will of Cecil Rhodes, the Rhodes Trust funds over 100 scholars each year, providing opportunities for outstanding all-round students to study at the University of Oxford.
Scholars are selected on the basis of their exceptional intellect, character, leadership and commitment to service.
Each year nine Australian Rhodes Scholars are chosen: one for each state, and another three from 'Australia-at-Large’. These Scholars join a worldwide community of Rhodes Scholars and a tradition in Australia that started in 1903.