What you'll receive
- an annual stipend paid fortnightly, indexed annually to assist with your general living costs. The annual stipend rate in 2023 is $30,000 (AUD) at the full-time rate.
- an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset.
You can also apply for:
- a $1,520 interstate relocation allowance
- a $420 (masters by research), or $840 (PhD) thesis allowance after submitting your thesis.
New applicants to QUT research degrees need to:
- meet QUT’s admission criteria for a research degree, which includes meeting QUT’s English language requirements at the time of application
- not be receiving a living allowance award, or scholarship providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research degree.
Current QUT research students need to have consumed less than the below equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL) to apply:
- less than 1 year EFTLS for enrolled research doctorate students
- less than 6 months EFTLS for enrolled research masters students.
How to apply
These scholarships are awarded through QUT's annual research scholarship round.
About the scholarship
The Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend is a prestigious scholarship, funded by the Australian federal government to provide financial support to exceptional students.
The number of RTP Stipends offered varies from year to year.