- Applications open
- 1 October 2018
- Applications close
- 9 November 2018
What you'll receive
You'll receive $5,000 over one year, paid in two semester instalments.
Half of each instalment will be paid towards your fees and half will be paid into your nominated bank account, post-census.
You must be:
- a female Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- commencing or continuing your business studies at QUT in 2019
- studying a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Business - International, Master of Business, or a double degree that includes a Bachelor of Business
- enrolled full-time or part-time.
All eligible students are encouraged to apply, although preference will be given to students who have not previously received this scholarship.
Applications are assessed on the basis of academic merit, Indigenous community involvement and financial need.
How to apply
Complete the application form and email it to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator.
What happens next?
We'll email you to let you know we've received your application.
If you've been shortlisted, we'll contact you to arrange an interview with the selection panel.
We'll send you written confirmation of the outcome of your application.
- remain enrolled in your business degree for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 4 and passes in all units for the duration of the scholarship
- participate in marketing the scholarship if requested by the QUT Business School (by providing testimonials for advertising materials, for example).
About the scholarship
Laurie Cowled founded the Cowled Foundation following her husband's death in 2005 in an effort to foster business leadership and scholarship amongst young Australian women.
Laurie is pleased to work with the QUT Business School to fund this scholarship to support a female Indigenous business student in her studies and to pursue a career in business.
QUT and the Laurie Cowled Foundation are committed to supporting Indigenous women complete their business studies at university.