- Applications close
- 18 November 2019
What you'll receive
- a scholarship worth $3,500 for one year, paid in Semester 1 after the census date.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen
- an international student who completed high school in Australia.
You must also:
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- be starting your third year of the creative and professional writing major in one of:
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- double degree that includes a Bachelor of Creative Industries or Bachelor of Fine Arts
- have a course grade point average (GPA) of at least 4
- be experiencing financial need.
How to apply
- Complete the application form (DOCX file, 31.0 KB).
- a cover letter including a personal statement about your commitment to creative writing
- a brief statement outlining of your financial need
- your curriculum vitae (CV) or statement of personal attainment.
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documents to Creative Industries Scholarships.
What happens next?
A selection committee will assess each application and email you to let you know the outcome of your application.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- stay enrolled in an eligible course as a full-time student
- maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of at least 4.
At the end of the year you received the scholarship, you must provide an overview of the benefit and outcomes you gained from receiving the scholarship.
About the scholarship
This award honours the life, character and values of Kellie van Meurs, who was pursuing a degree in creative industries before she was struck with a chronic illness, forcing her to defer her studies. Shortly after, Kellie passed away.
Kellie loved reading and the process of writing, allowing her to share her experiences, emotions and often humorous views with others. Kellie's family and friends have generously committed to funding this scholarship to honour her life.
It is hoped that this scholarship will assist and support the studies of a student who, like Kellie, aspires to a degree in this area of creative endeavour. Kellie's family hopes that her example and irrepressible energy, generous spirit and determination will serve as an inspiration to the recipients of this scholarship.