- Applications open
- 1 September 2020
- Applications close
- 30 September 2020
What you'll receive
A $10,000 scholarship, with funds to be principally used for education purposes to enable a student to enhance their contemporary art skills and contribute to the visual arts field more broadly.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- be in your 2nd or 3rd year of Creative Industries Faculty, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts) degree or undertaking a Master of Philosophy degree in Visual Arts
- receive a nomination from CIF Visual Arts academic staff to apply for the scholarship.
How to apply
Once you have received notification of your nomination:
- submit a portfolio of achievements in the visual arts discipline
- submit a cover letter outlining how you would use the funds to enhance your contemporary art skills including personal statement and statement of any disadvantage
- complete the application form.
What happens next?
A selection panel of QUT staff and relevant donor representatives will select the students based on ranking and shortlisting of written applications. If shortlisted, you may be requested to attend an interview.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email after the selection committee has assessed all applications.
The award must be used for the intended purpose of education professional development and associated expenses. A written report is required for the donor at the conclusion of the activity funded by the scholarship.
About the scholarship
The scholarship is supported by the Chenhall Charitable Trust in memory of renowned local artist Hilde Chenhall to support emerging visual artists to have an outstanding impact on the field.