- Applications open
- 1 February 2019
- Applications close
- 15 July 2019
What you'll receive
All awards include:
- either full or partial tuition/researcher fee allowances
- generous living stipend
- return flights to the US.
Scholarships are available to support:
- postgraduate students wanting to complete part of their Australian program in the US
- students seeking to complete a full US masters
- PhD students wanting to complete research in the US as part of their Australian PhD program
- students seeking to complete a full PhD program in the US
- postdoctoral candidates seeking to do research
- professionals (with 10 years' relevant experience) seeking to undertake research or training in the US
- associate or full professors seeking to undertake research or training in the US.
To be eligible for a Fulbright scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen (not a dual US-Australian citizen)
- have lived full-time in Australia for at least 2 years at the time you apply (there are exceptions for people who have served in the armed forces or diplomatic service)
- meet any other requirements or conditions for individual scholarships.
How to apply
For full eligibility and application requirements, read the instructions for Australian applicants on the Fulbright website.
About the scholarship
The prestigious Fulbright program promotes educational and cultural exchange between Australia and the United States of America by awarding scholarships to students, researchers, professionals and academics.