What you'll receive
You will receive:
- a scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees for your first two semesters of study at QUT. This scholarship is based on your entry score.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees per semester of study at QUT, provided you meet the academic conditions.
General eligibility requirements
You must meet all the following requirements:
- completed a qualifying course with the required academic results
- meet minimum English language entry requirements for the degree program. If you complete a QUT pathway program for the purpose of satisfying QUT English language requirements, you may be eligible for this scholarship once you start your degree program
- apply for and be accepted into one of these courses offered by our Faculty of Law:
You're not eligible if you receive another QUT academic scholarship.
Minimum academic standards
This is only a guide. We will determine your eligibility when you apply.
Australian high school
|OP 3 or ATAR 95|
International Baccalaureate Diploma – Australia
Aggregate of 37
Completed Bachelor – Non-QUT
GPA 6.0 on a 7-point scale or equivalent
Completed Bachelor – QUT
GPA 5.5 on a 7-point scale or equivalent
GCE A levels
12 A level points from GCE Advance (A) Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level subjects including at least two A Level pass subjects.
Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
12 A level points based on the aggregate of your best 3 academic subjects
United Exam Certificate (UEC)
Average of 2 based on 5 academic subjects (excluding Chinese, Malay or PE)
Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
21 aggregate score based on your best 5 subjects across core, and category A and C electives where 2 is the minimum accepted grade
India - School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE or CISCE
80% in best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education
India - Senior/High School Certificate from recognised State Board (10 + 2)
90% over best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education
International Baccalaureate (Outside Australia)
Aggregate of 34
Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) 3/ Certificate of Graduation
Combined Exam grade point average (GPA) of 8.5 on a 10-point scale from the four major academic subjects (Combined Exam Grade is 40% School Exam Score plus 60% National Exam Score)
GAOKAO - Chinese National University Entrance Exam
GAOKAO 85% in best 4 academic subjects (GAOKAO score is converted to a percentage)
Vietnam Year 12: Upper Secondary Graduation Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Trung hoc Pho thong)
Overall grade point average (GPA) of 8.5 on a 10-point scale from all year 12 subjects and an overall passing grade in Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong
German Abitur: Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife
Overall grade point average (GPA) of 1.5 on a 6-point scale (where 1 is the best)
Korean College Scholastic Aptitude Test (CSAT)
Senior High School Certificate/Diploma and Korean College Scholastic Aptitude Test aggregate level of 6 from Korean Language, Mathematics and Foreign Language (English).
Sweden Slutbetyg Från Gymnasieskola
Grade average 17.5 out of 20 in the final year; where A=20, B=17.5, C=15, D=12.5, E=10, F=0
Recognised Bachelor-level studies (minimum one year)
Recognised overseas post-secondary qualification equivalent to an Australian Diploma or higher
Diploma or higher graduates from Singapore Polytechnics
Overall grade point average of 3.3 on a 4 point scale.
Other grading systems or other qualifications
We'll consider these when you apply.
How to apply
You don't need to apply separately for the scholarship. If you apply for and are accepted into one of the eligible courses, and you meet the criteria for the scholarship, we will offer you a scholarship as well as a place in the course.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application, and if you meet the criteria we'll send you an award letter offering you a scholarship.
To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first two semesters, you must:
- maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by our Faculty of Law.
It is available to international students who:
- have demonstrated excellence in their past studies
- continue to achieve high standards for the duration of their studies with QUT.