What you'll receive
You'll receive a:
- bursary of up to $750, based on your demonstrated need.
You must be:
- currently enrolled as a student
- experiencing financial difficulty
- undertaking a work integrated learning (WIL) placement.
You can't apply for this bursary if you're a:
- single-unit study student
- cross-institutional student
- QUT International College (QUTIC) student.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT International College (QUTIC) student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
You'll need to make an appointment with Student Counselling (QUT student and staff access only). They will assess your financial situation and determine your eligibility for a WIL bursary.
You'll need to contact International Student Services. They will assess your financial situation and determine your eligibility for a WIL bursary.
At your appointment
All appointments are confidential and free.
You will need to provide some documentation so we can assess your eligibility for a WIL bursary. We will discuss this with you at your appointment. Most documents can be accessed using a smart device or computer.
What happens next?
Before we approve the bursary, we'll check your enrolment status to make sure that you're still enrolled and eligible. We'll email you to let you know what to do next.