What you'll receive
- a scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees for your first two semesters (one year) of study at QUT. This scholarship is based on your entry score.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees per semester of study at QUT, provided you meet the academic conditions.
General eligibility requirements
You'll be considered for this scholarship if you:
- have completed a qualifying course from any country outside Australia with the required academic results
- meet minimum English language entry requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no sub scores below 6) or equivalent for direct admission to the degree program. If you are completing an English preparation course at QUT, you may be eligible for this scholarship once you have met the English language requirements
- apply for and be accepted into one of these courses offered by our Creative Industries Faculty:
- start your coursework degree program no later than Semester 2, 2018.
You're not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your qualifying course(s) in Australia
- are studying or need to study a Foundation or Diploma pathway course
- accept any other QUT academic scholarship.
Applying for a double degree with Business or Science and Engineering?
If you are applying for a double degree that combines a Creative Industries course with one offered by our QUT Business School or Science and Engineering Faculty, you may be eligible for our International Merit Double Degree Scholarship.
Minimum academic standards
This is only a guide. We'll determine your eligibility when you apply.
Bachelor-level studies - direct entry
If you're applying for bachelor-level studies (direct entry) you must have fulfilled one of these criteria:
- completed high school studies that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification, with a result approximately equivalent to 95 on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) scale
- post-secondary studies with an approximate grade point average (GPA) of 6, calculated on the QUT 7-point scale (approximately 3.4 on a 4-point scale).
|GCE A levels||12 A level points based on the aggregate of your best 3 academic subjects|
|Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)||12 A level points based on the aggregate of your best 3 academic subjects|
|United Exam Certificate (UEC)||5 grades of A2 or higher (excluding Chinese, Malay or PE)|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)||23 Aggregate score based on your best 5 subjects across core, and category A and C electives|
|All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC)||Overall grade point average (GPA) of 82% over all subjects|
|India State Board (10+2)||Overall grade point average (GPA) of 92% over all subjects|
|International Baccalaureate||Aggregate of 36|
|Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional (SKHUN) (Certificate of Graduation)||Average grade point average (GPA) of 9.5 from your best 5 academic units|
|GAOKAO - Chinese National University Entrance Exam|
Different provinces have different maximum scores, so scores are converted to a percentage.
The minimum requirement is an overall grade point average (GPA) of approximately 85% in 5 academic subjects.
|Vietnam Gifted Schools||Overall grade point average (GPA) of 9 on a 10-point scale|
A minimum of one year of bachelor-level studies may be considered with an overall grade point average (GPA) of:
|Recognised post-secondary qualification equivalent to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma or higher|
Completed programs with an overall grade point average (GPA) of:
|Other grading systems or other qualifications||We'll consider these when you apply.|
If you are applying for a postgraduate coursework degree, you must have a recognised comparable bachelor degree award with a grading scale approximately equivalent to:
|Grading system||Approximate requirement: overall grade point average (GPA)|
|QUT 7-point scale||6.0 on a 7-point scale where 4 is a pass|
|4-point scale||3.4 on a 4-point scale where 2 is a pass|
How to apply
You don't need to apply separately for the scholarship. If you apply for and are accepted into one of the eligible courses, and you meet the criteria for the scholarship, we will offer you a scholarship as well as a place in the course.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application, and if you meet the criteria we'll send you an award letter offering you a scholarship.
To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first two semesters, you must:
- maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by our Creative Industries Faculty.
It is available to international students who:
- have demonstrated excellence in their past studies
- continue to achieve high standards for the duration of their studies with QUT.