What you'll receive
- a scholarship of $5,000 for one year, paid in two instalments of $2,500.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for one of:
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- QUT College student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship, you need to apply through our Equity Scholarships Scheme.
Completing the application form
You only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application and score it against our selection criteria.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
Apply and provide all documentation by 29 November 2021 and if possible, we’ll let you know the outcome by late December 2021. If we cannot provide you with an outcome at this time, we will provide you with an update on your application.
Apply and provide all documentation by 7 February 2022 and we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 1 of classes in Semester 1 2022.
Apply and provide all documentation by 9:00am 28 February 2022 and we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 4 of classes in Semester 1 2022.
You must be enrolled in the semester you applied for. Before we pay your scholarship, we will check your enrolment status to ensure you are still enrolled and eligible.
About the scholarship
The Brisbane office of global accounting firm BDO has become the first business organisation to partner with QUT in creating scholarships for disadvantaged students through the QUT Learning Potential Fund. The scholarships will be funded by BDO staff through the BDO Workplace Giving Program, with the company matching donations. Bernard Curran, Partner, BDO Australia Brisbane Office with his BDO colleagues established the BDO Learning Potential Fund Scholarship to encourage financially disadvantaged students to undertake a Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) or Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours).
Equity Scholarships Team
Get in touch with us to provide feedback on this page.
- Level 2, X Block
- Gardens Point
(Closed public holidays)
- Postal address
- QUT Equity Scholarships
- Victoria Park Rd
- Kelvin Grove, Qld 4059