What you'll receive
- a scholarship of $5,000 for one year, paid in two instalments of $2,500.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low-income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for any undergraduate course.
Who can't apply
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving credit towards your course at the other university
- International College (QUTIC) student - studying one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses
How to apply
Applications for Semester 1, 2020 have now closed.
Completing the application form
When applications are open, you only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We'll assess your application and score it against our selection criteria.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
If you applied and submitted all supporting documentation by 9am on 3 February 2020, we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 1 of classes in Semester 1, 2020.
If you applied and submitted all supporting documentation by 9am on 24 February, we’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 4 of classes in Semester 1, 2020.
You must be enrolled in the semester you applied for. Before we pay your scholarship, we will check your enrolment status to ensure you are still enrolled and eligible.
About the scholarship
Bank Australia has been a supporter of the QUT Learning Potential Fund since 2010. The Bank Australia Learning Potential Fund Scholarship was established from the Bank Australia Impact Fund in order to make a sustainable and meaningful impact on financially and socially disadvantaged students at QUT.
Equity Scholarships Team
- Level 3, C Block
- Room 301
- Kelvin Grove
(Closed public holidays)
- Postal address
- QUT Equity Scholarships
- Victoria Park Rd
- Kelvin Grove, Qld 4059