We can assist industry, government and communities to conduct clinical trials. We also welcome interest from potential sponsors or collaborators.
What we offer
We have successfully conducted clinical trials in cancer, palliative care, trauma management, migraine, vision improvement, neurodegenerative diseases and wound healing.
Our world-class researchers are active in preventative and therapeutic health research, as well as biomedical engineering.
Our expertise in genomics, statistics, health economics, public health and social work is available to support clinical trials.
QUT-managed clinical trials offer:
- highly qualified and GCP-trained (Good Clinical Practice) clinical research and trials staff
- an established and efficient clinical trial governance structure that ensures regulatory compliance and appropriate risk management
- compliance with international clinical trial standards and industry-standard operating procedures.
We provide quality patient care and uphold the highest ethical standards. We host or have access to extensive databases and tissue banks for use in clinical trials.
We can act as a local sponsor for approved overseas companies.
Facilities and partners
Our unique expertise has been recognised by Queensland Health. Together, we've launched several jointly run research facilities:
- Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre - Queensland (APCRC-Q) (part of the Translational Research Institute at the Princess Alexandra Hospital)
- Medical Engineering Research Facility (MERF) at the Prince Charles Hospital
- Centre for Children's Health Research alongside the Lady Cilento Hospital
- Herston Imaging Research Facility at the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital.
These world-class facilities support a range of industry-sponsored and investigator-driven clinical trials.
We also conduct clinical trials in collaboration with Australian private and public hospitals.
Working with us
Contact our Clinical Trials Manager if you:
- would like to find out more about our capabilities or what we can offer you
- are interested in collaborating on or sponsoring clinical trials.
Participating in clinical trials
You may be able to volunteer to take part in a clinical trial or one of our other research studies.