Corporate Partners in Excellence program
About the program
Our Corporate Partners in Excellence (CPIE) program connects leading organisations with outstanding students through scholarships and professional internships. Through the relationships created, immediate and long-term benefits are gained by both our corporate partners and our students.
By joining the CPIE program, you'll:
- bring the brightest young minds into your organisation for fifteen weeks, full time
- mentor and support the next generation of business leaders
- connect and engage as a valued corporate partner of QUT Business School
- build your talent pipeline as part of your recruitment strategy.
- Contact us
- Contact us to discuss working with one of our students and some of the specifications of what you are looking for in an intern.
- Student selection
- We use strict selection criteria to ensure you gain access to the very brightest undergraduate business students. Students must meet specific criteria including:
- academic excellence
- demonstrated leadership ability
- extra-curricular pursuits (e.g. sporting, cultural, artistic)
- community involvement
- strong interpersonal skills.
- Each year of your involvement in the program, you will receive a different CPIE student intern who will be placed with your organisation for fifteen weeks, full time. They are expected to undertake real work and make a valuable contribution to your organisation.
- Your investment
- An investment of $36 000 (ex GST) is payable over three years. One hundred percent of your investment goes directly to the students. CPIE students receive $12 000 per year to support course fees and other study-related expenses.
Pitcher Partners hold the CPIE Program in very high regard. Every CPIE intern we've hosted has been personable, self-driven, dedicated and committed. They have always possessed a strong desire and willingness to learn about what we do. The program has seen many CPIE graduates choose to start their career with Pitcher Partners, and go on to become our own home-grown managers.
'Since Brisbane Marketing partnered with the CPIE program we have worked with some excellent students who consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge quickly. The QUT Business School students are able to handle projects beyond their current experience and they are comfortable making the right decisions without a complete set of information.'
Global accounting firm BDO has sponsored a new Learning Potential Fund Scholarship for Business and Law students who are highly motivated but struggling financially.
Insurance and legal
We work with our industry and community partners to ensure arrangements to meet requirements of Fair Work Act, for students to be covered by QUT insurance, and ensure risk and intellectual property are managed.