Dr Alan Roberts
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyAlan Roberts is:
- Director - Centre for Professional Learning and Development
- Course Coordinator - ED79 Master of Education
- Course Coordinator - ED61 Graduate Certificate in Education.
- business education
- technology in education
- team role/diversity in computer supported collaborative learning and work environments (virtual teams).
Specialist Studies in Education
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- EdD (Queensland University of Technology)
- MBA (University of New England)
- MEd (University of Southern Qld)
Professional memberships and associations
- Fellow - Business Educators Association of Queensland
- Associate Fellow - Australian Institute of Management
- Member - Australian College of Educators
- Member - Queensland Studies Authority Learning Area Reference Committee (Business and Economics).
Previous roles and associations
- Vice-President (2010-2012) - Business Educators’ Australasia
- Member - Queensland Studies Authority Subject Advisory Committee (Business and Commerce).
- CLB051- Business Education Curriculum Studies 1
- CLP402- Business Education Curriculum Studies 1
- CLB010 - Business Education Curriculum Studies 2
- CLP404 - Business Education Curriculum Studies 2 (Accounting Business Management).
Higher Research Degree Teaching
- Mark Keogh PhD (Associate Supervisor)
- Carol Skyring EdD (Co Principal Supervisor)
- Phillipa Greig EdD (Associate Supervisor)
- Josephine Wheatly MEd Research (Principal Supervisor)
- Roberts A, Nason R, (2011) Nobody says no: Student self-censorship in a collaborative knowledge building activity, Journal of Learning Design, 4 (4), pp. 56-68.
- Roberts A, (2008) Team role preference and online role play, Frontiers in Higher Education : Proceedings of International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education 2008, pp. 280-286.
- Roberts A, (2007) Beyond a Participation Focus, ICT: Providing Choices for Learners and Learning, Proceedings ASCILITE Singapore 2007, pp. 898-903.
- Burnett B, Roberts A, (2005) Online Collaborative Assessment: Unpacking Process and Product. In P Comeaux, Assessing Online Learning, Anker Publishing, pp. 55-71.
- Roberts A, (2004) Team Role Balance and its Impact on the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Task Completion Within On-Line Learning Communities (Virtual Teams), Proceedings of the Fifth Asia Pacific Cooperative Education Conference. Learning Partnerships in the Global Classroom: Weaving the Threads of Knowledge., pp. 1-8.
- Roberts A, Nason R, (2004) Quality not Quantity: Comparing Interaction Patterns of a Balanced and Non-Balanced Team Engaged in Model-Building within a Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) Environment, International Conference on Computers in 2004: A Conference of the Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE). Acquiring and Constructing Knowledge through Human-Computer Interaction Creating New Visions for the Future of Learning., pp. 1731-1740.
- Roberts A, Nason R, (2003) The Team Balancing Act - Enhancing Knowledge - Building Activity in On-Line Learning Communities, Proceedings of the AARE-NZARE 2003 Joint Conference, pp. 1-10.
- Roberts A, Nason R, (2003) Team Role Balance, Engagement and Knowledge-Building Activity within On-Line Learning Communities, The Second Wave of ICT in Education: From Facilitating Teaching and Learning to Engendering Education Reform, pp. 431-439.