We are committed to an equitable and fair study and work environment.
If you make a complaint or raise a concern, we will respect your choices about how to proceed where possible, balanced against:
- the nature of the concern
- our obligation to protect the well being and safety of our community
- our need to comply with legal obligations and our duty of care.
If you believe someone is in immediate danger or a life threatening situation call emergency services on triple zero (000) first. If they are on a QUT campus, call QUT Security (3138 8888) after notifying emergency services.
Policies and procedures for raising a concern
We are committed to promoting a harmonious, fair and just learning environment for staff and students. The resources below outline the avenues available to staff, students and members of the public for raising concerns.
Complaints and grievances
- Staff complaints policy
- Student grievance resolution
- Student misconduct management
- Student guide: Policies - QUT staff and students only
- Student guide: Procedures - QUT staff and students only
We may not be able to take action rising from anonymous complaints in certain circumstances including where:
- there is limited or no information available to identify the parties involved
- we can't take action in accordance with the principles of natural justice or procedural fairness.
If you are not a QUT student or staff member and your complaint does not fall within any of the policies listed above you can submit a complaint by emailing email@example.com
Discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual assault
- Student sexual harassment – safety on campus
- Resolution procedures for sexual harassment, sexual assault and discrimination related complaints
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault
Disclosures, reports or complaints about discrimination, sexual harassment or assault can be made to our discrimination advisers in QUT’s Equity Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our process if you have any complaints or concerns about how QUT has dealt with your personal information.
Public interest disclosure
Public interest disclosures (PID) can be made to the PID coordinator, the Vice-President (Administration) and University Registrar, in writing by emailing email@example.com
If you have any complaints or concerns about the conduct of research at QUT, email the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child protection reporting
- Protection of children and young people - QUT staff only
- Report a child safety concern - QUT staff only
Report student safety concerns online or call 3138 2000.
What we do
We provide advice for students and staff on procedures, including:
- unsatisfactory academic progress.
We check whether:
- the correct process was followed
- the process was transparent
- the decision was fair
- principles of natural justice were observed
- the decision or outcome was reasonable.