- Student type:
- Current international research students
- Future international research students
- Current domestic research students
- Future domestic research students
- Academic performance
- Study type:
- Postgraduate research
- Creative Industries
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI)
- Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland (CARRS-Q)
- Science and Engineering
- Institute for Future Environments
Open date: 12 August 2013
Closing date: 13 October 2013
- have Honours First Class (or equivalent)
- be accepted into a PhD, masters by research or professional doctorate
- be ranked in the top 10 APA recipients in the annual scholarship round.
This scholarship is available to domestic and international students.
You can't apply for top-up scholarships if you currently hold:
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)
- QUT Postgraduate Research Award (QUTPRA)
- QUT Masters Scholarship (QMS)
- QUT Strategic Masters (QSM)
- Owen J Wordsworth (OJW)
- Indigenous Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- Research Capacity Building Award (RCBA)
- any scholarships sponsored by your home country or an external organisation.
If you're not eligible for scholarships in the annual scholarship round, you may still be able to apply for scholarships offered by your faculty or institute, or externally funded scholarships.
What you receive
- a top-up scholarship to the value of $10,000 each year to supplement your initial living allowance
- for up to 3 years, if you are a doctoral student.
Tthere are limits on the combined amount you can receive from all income sources.
How to apply
If you are a future student you must:
- apply for admission to QUT during the Annual Scholarship Round
- indicate on your application that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
The annual scholarship round closes in October each year.
If you are a current research students you must:
- apply during the Annual Scholarship Round via QUT Virtual.
What happens next
- We'll evaluate applications and award the top-up scholarship in December.
- We'll notify you if your application was successful.
We fund many living allowance scholarships for research students, and we regulate how much you can receive as a living allowance scholarship.
There are also rules about how much you can earn to supplement your scholarship income, and from which sources.
Top-up scholarships are awarded to exceptional candidates to supplement an initial living allowance scholarship.
- Phone: 3138 2932 or 3138 4923 or 3138 5306
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2932 or +61 7 3138 4923 or +61 7 3138 5306
- Fax: 3138 1304
- Email: email@example.com
Level 4, 88 Musk Avenue
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Postal address:
Research Students Centre
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001