This unit builds on previous fashion studio knowledge to navigate the structure and requirements of industry/professional fashion contexts. It develops effective skills to communicate and realise design ideas in an integrated studio environment. This unit is the third in a series of six Fashion Design Studio units and provides expanded knowledge and skills for the theory and practice of fashion design, including sustainable practices. The suite of Fashion Design Studio units form the spine of learning for fashion design understandings in the Bachelor of Design Fashion program, and include practical skills and knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting.
- Creative Industries Faculty
- Study area
- Creative practice, communication and design
- Credit points
Dates and locations
|Semester 1, 2020||24 February 2020 - 19 June 2020||
Previous study requirements
- DFB111 or DFB201
- DFB301, KFB200
Guide to previous study requirements
- To enrol in this unit, you must have completed these prerequisite units (or have credit, advanced standing or exemption for them), or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent background knowledge.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these anti-requisite units.
- To enrol in this unit, you must have already completed these co-requisite units, or you must enrol in them at the same time.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these equivalent units.
- Assumed knowledge
- We assume that you have a minimum level of knowledge in certain areas before you start this unit.