This unit is the second in a series of supervised clinical practice units designed to further develop your knowledge, skills and application of paramedic practice. Topics include the following: assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in the out of hospital phase of emergency care; effective scene management including logistics, safe access and egress, and patient extrication techniques; written and oral communication including patient interviews, radio procedures, writing ambulance report forms and patient handover at hospital. The placement is six weeks and provides a transition from observer to operational ambulance crew member under the supervision of a qualified paramedic mentor. [Designated unit.]
- Faculty of Health
- Clinical Sciences
- Study area
- Health and community
- Credit points
Previous study requirements
- ( CSB331 or PUB270) and ( CSB340 or PUB567 or PUB555). CSB340 can be studied in the same teaching period as CSB342
Guide to previous study requirements
- To enrol in this unit, you must have completed these prerequisite units (or have credit, advanced standing or exemption for them), or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent background knowledge.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these anti-requisite units.
- To enrol in this unit, you must have already completed these co-requisite units, or you must enrol in them at the same time.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these equivalent units.
- Assumed knowledge
- We assume that you have a minimum level of knowledge in certain areas before you start this unit.