Talk to staff and students
From 9am-1pm, staff and students from each faculty will be on hand to answer questions and provide advice on courses and career outcomes. Staff from TAFE Queensland Brisbane will also be available to provide advice about pathways into university and upgrading options.
It is also a great opportunity to find out about our support services available to QUT students, with staff available to answer questions about:
- admissions and applying – ordering QTAC preferences and admission pathways
- career and employability development — help with course and career decision making
- equity services and QUT's Oodgeroo Unit – equity scholarships, disability services, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entry programs, financial support, Educational Access Scheme (EAS)
- international students – applying and studying as an international student at QUT.
Make sure you plan your day in advance so you don't miss out on a seminar or tour you'd like to attend.
When and where
Date and time
- Tuesday 18 December 2018
P Block, QUT Gardens Point campus
A series of seminars will be held throughout the day to provide you with additional advice and information about getting started at QUT.
All seminars will be held in Kindler Theatre, level 4 P block.
- Getting in: upgrading to the course you want, QTAC preferences and offers explained
- Student finance: costs, HECS-HELP and financial support (domestic undergraduate students only)
- Life on campus: hear from current students about maximising your QUT experience and student life
- Get started with your studies: services to improve your learning
- Getting in: upgrading to the course you want, QTAC preferences and offers explained (repeat)
Meet at the signed area on level 4, P block for a guided campus tour with a current QUT student. The tour concludes at the library for those wishing to take the Library and HiQ tour. Campus tour times are:
Library and HiQ tours
Meet at the signed area in the library foyer, level 3 for a tour of the library and our student centre, known as HiQ. Tour times are:
Can't come to the event?
Need more info?
If you want to know more about studying with us, you can:
Kickstart your career
If you're still undecided about choosing a career path or what to study, our free open online course, Kickstart your career will help you to:
- understand your strengths and personal characteristics
- explore career options
- decide on courses
- get the tools to work towards a satisfying career.