When and where
Date and time
- Tuesday 17 December 2019
Help making your decision
Staff and students from each faculty will be ready to help answer your questions and provide advice on courses and career outcomes after you find out your OP or selection rank results. Staff from TAFE Queensland Brisbane will also be available to provide advice about admission pathways to university.
It’s also a great opportunity to find out about our support services available to QUT students, with staff available to answer questions about:
- admissions and applying - ordering QTAC preferences and admission pathways
- career and employability development - help with course and career decision making
- equity services and QUT's Oodgeroo Unit - equity scholarships and Educational Access Scheme (EAS), disability services, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entry programs and support, financial support
- international students - applying and studying as an international student.
Make sure you plan your day in advance so you don't miss out on a seminar or tour you'd like to attend.
A series of seminars will be held throughout the day to provide you with additional advice and information about getting started at QUT.
All seminars will be held in Kindler Theatre, level 4, P block.
9.15am-9.45am - Getting in: upgrading to the course you want, QTAC preferences and offers explained
10.30am-11am - Student finance: costs, HECS-HELP and financial support
11am-11.30am - Life on campus: maximising your QUT experience and student life
11.30am-12pm - Get started with your studies: services to improve your success
12pm-12.30pm - Getting in: upgrading to the course you want, QTAC preferences and offers explained (repeat)
Meet at the signed area on level 4, P block for a guided campus tour with a current student and hear about their life at uni.
Library and HiQ tours
Meet in the library foyer, level 3, V block for a tour of the library and HiQ.
Can't make it on the day?
If you can't make it on the day, don't worry. You can talk to one of our friendly HiQ advisors by live chat, phone or email, or you can book a call back or appointment.
You can also visit HiQ in-person at one of our campuses to get all your questions answered, seven days a week.
You can also take a self-guided tour of our campuses at any time.
Kickstart your career
If you're still undecided about choosing a career path or what to study, our free open online course, Kickstart your career will help you to:
- understand your strengths and personal characteristics
- explore career options
- decide on courses
- get the tools to work towards a satisfying career.
Need more info?
If you want to know more about studying with us, you can: