South East Queensland lockdown
To keep everyone safe based on public health directions, QUT campuses are closed due to the South-East Queensland lockdown. The Verification of Studies letters are currently not available during lockdown.
You can verify academic studies, including qualifications, for students who studied at QUT and several of our predecessor institutions.
This service is available to alumni, employers and the community so they can confirm a person's claim about their studies.
Verification of studies detail the student's:
- course title
- major (if applicable)
- language of instruction
- completion and conferral dates (if applicable).
We don't have the power to investigate allegations of false claims of studies, including qualifications, made in the wider community. In many situations, the most appropriate body to investigate is the body that has received the claim, or the professional regulator. Allegations of serious fraud should be reported to the Queensland Police Service who'll investigate the matter and may approach QUT for relevant information.
The online service is for conferred award qualifications only.
You can verify a conferred award qualification online for students who studied at:
- Queensland University of Technology
- Queensland Institute of Technology
- Brisbane College of Advanced Education.
If you're unable to verify an academic qualification online, you can request a hardcopy verification of studies.
You'll need to apply for a hardcopy verification of studies:
- for a graduate that has qualified for an award but it hasn't been conferred (as this will require authorisation)
- if you're a current student and need a verification of studies and our complimentary online self-generated enrolment letters don't meet your needs
- for studies completed at most of our other predecessor institutions (as listed below).
- Brisbane Kindergarten Teachers College 1911-1981
- Queensland Teachers College 1914-1961
- Kelvin Grove Teachers' College 1961-1973
- Kelvin Grove College of Teacher Education 1974-1975
- Kelvin Grove College of Advanced Education 1976-1981
- Kedron Park Teachers College 1961-1974
- North Brisbane College of Advanced Education 1975-1981
- Carseldine Campus of NBCAE 1977-1981
To verify studies of students who studied at Mount Gravatt (MG) 1968-1986, contact Griffith University.
Verifying award qualifications online is free.
Hardcopy verification of studies cost $30 for each course of study.
How long will it take
The online service is immediate.
Allow five working days to process a hardcopy request.
Requests to verify studies from predecessor institutions take up to four weeks.
Other ways to verify studies
You can also use these official documents to verify QUT studies and qualifications:
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements (AHEGS)
- academic records
- course completion letters (international students).
We'll also issue the following digital official documents to graduating students through My eQuals:
- AHEGS from December 2018
- parchments from September 2019.
Current and former students can also request to access the following digital official documents through My eQuals:
- academic records for studies from 1986 onwards
- AHEGS for students who graduated between December 2012 and September 2018
- parchments for students who graduated before September 2019.
Nursing students who want to apply for nursing registration outside of Australia will need to submit an application to the overseas nursing board. As part of the application process, you may be required to forward the board's academic verification form to QUT for processing.
Requests for this type of academic verification for overseas nursing registration from QUT can take approximately 2-3 months.
Before you submit a request, email the School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the process, fees and payment methods.