Dr Sarah Whitehouse
Faculty of Engineering,
School of Mech., Medical & Process Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Bristol)
Professional memberships and associations
Keywords: biostatistics, orthopaedic research, medical devices, orthopaedic outcomes, osteoarthritis, total hip replacement, total knee replacement, outcome measures, clinical trials, joint replacement registry
- Ling S, Lee A, Gie G, Timperley A, Hubble M, Howell J, Whitehouse S, (2010) The Exeter Hip: 40 Years of Innovation in Total Hip Arthroplasty, Exeter Hip Publishing.
- Whitehouse S, Bolland B, Howell J, Crawford R, Timperley A, (2014) Mortality following hip arthroplasty-inappropriate use of National Joint Registry (NJR) data, Journal of Arthroplasty, 29 (9), pp. 1827-1834.
- Petheram T, Whitehouse S, Kazi H, Hubble M, Timperley A, Wilson M, Howell J, (2016) The Exeter Universal cemented femoral stem at 20 to 25 years: A report of 382 hips, Bone and Joint Journal, 98-B (11), pp. 1441-1449.
- Wilson M, Hook S, Whitehouse S, Timperley A, Gie G, (2016) Femoral impaction bone grafting in revision hip arthroplasty: 705 cases from the originating centre, Bone and Joint Journal, 98-B (12), pp. 1611-1619.
- Tsung J, Rohrsheim J, Whitehouse S, Wilson M, Howell J, (2014) Management of periprosthetic joint infection after total hip arthroplasty using a Custom Made Articulating Spacer (CUMARS); the Exeter experience, Journal of Arthroplasty, 29 (9), pp. 1813-1818.
- Gilbody J, Taylor C, Bartlett G, Whitehouse S, Hubble M, Timperley A, Howell J, Wilson M, (2014) Clinical and radiographic outcomes of acetabular impaction grafting without cage reinforcement for revision hip replacement: a minimum ten-year follow-up study, Bone and Joint Journal, 96-B (2), pp. 188-194.
- Wilson M, Whitehouse S, Howell J, Hubble M, Timperley A, Gie G, (2013) The results of acetabular impaction grafting in 129 primary cemented total hip arthroplasties, Journal of Arthroplasty, 28 (8), pp. 1394-1400.
- Bolland B, Whitehouse S, Timperley A, (2012) Indications for early hip revision surgery in the UK - a re-analysis of NJR data, HIP International, 22 (2), pp. 145-152.
- Brogan K, Charity J, Sheeraz A, Whitehouse S, Timperley A, Howell J, Hubble M, (2012) Revision total hip replacement using the cement-in-cement technique for the acetabular component: Technique and results for 60 hips, Bone and Joint Journal, 94-B (11), pp. 1482-1486.
- Ling R, Charity J, Lee A, Whitehouse S, Timperley A, Gie G, (2009) The long-term results of the original exeter polished cemented femoral component - a follow-up report, Journal of Arthroplasty, 24 (4), pp. 511-517.