Mr Neil McKenzie
Faculty of Engineering,
School of Mech., Medical & Process Engineering
Food Sciences, Agricultural Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Bachelor of Tech Industrial Instrumentation (Central Queensland University)
- Extensive research and consulting work for the sugar industry in the areas of Sugar mill engineering.
- Manage production of specialised sugar mill instrumentation products for sale to Sugar Industry world wide.
January 1996 – June 2005: Research Engineer - Sugar Research Institute.
- Major role in the development, design and commissioning of sugar milling train control systems for sugar mills in Thailand, China and South America.
- Manage production of Sugar Research´s instrumentation production.
- Management of trades and technical services.
- Performed Research and consulting projects in the milling, boiler and railway fields of the sugar industry.
- Preparation and Presentation of Sugar mill engineering courses.
- Workplace Health and Safety Officer for Sugar Research institute for 4 years.
January 1986 – January 1996: Technician / Senior technician - Sugar Research Institute Mackay.
- Technician / Senior technician, Sugar Research Institute Mackay
- Provide instrumentation and electrical support for research projects
- Production of specialised sugar industry instrumentation.
- Extensive strain gauge application experience.
- Assistance with research projects in the milling, production and cane transport fields.
February 1981 – October 1986
- Inducted apprentice Instrument fitter with Sugar Research Institute Mackay.
- Inducted apprentice Electrical fitter mechanic Conversion course.
- Completed Associate diploma of Industrial Instrumentation (Central Queensland University)