Ms Moira McInerney
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyMoira is a unit coordinator and lecturer in the School of Public Health and Social Work, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology.
With a BA (UQ) and MBA (QUT), Moira has a background in nursing and experience as a senior executive in private healthcare since 2000. At that time she worked nationally in business development with a large private hospital group. In 2002 she was appointed to project manage the acquisition of QML Pathology, since that time she has led diagnostic imaging, cardiology and ophthalmology businesses both corporate and private. Commissioning Oasis Surgical in New Zealand, a day stay surgical centre, for Auckland Eye.
An experienced board director, Moira also consults in Australia and New Zealand and is a Director of Medical Matters Australia and New Zealand .
Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Masters of Business Administration (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Fellow - Australasian College of Health Service Managers
- Member - Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology
- Graduate and Member - Australian Institute of Company Directors
- PUN210 Contemporary Health Management (Unit Coordinator)
- PUQ210 Contemporary Health Management (QUT Unit Coordinator)
- Taught into:
- PUN640 Health Systems
- PUN632 Leadership in Health Management
- PUN017 Health Planning and Evaluation
- HLN701 (Supervision)
- McInerney, M., Sav, A., King, J., & Baldwin, L. QUT for the Tender AM3035 – Support to Strengthen Customer Service and Patient Experience in Fiji’s Health Sector. Phase 1: $136,793.
Executive Roles Held:
- General Manager and CEO - Auckland Eye Ltd and Oasis Surgical Ltd
- General Manager - Heart Care Partners Pty Ltd.
- State Manager - Queensland Diagnostic Imaging
- Business Development Manager - QML Pathology
- Operations Integration Manager - QML Pathology
- Qld Branch Council Member - ACHSM
- Vice President Auckland YWCA, NZ
- Director - Eye Specialists in Partnership with Auckland Eye, NZ
- Lecturer and Unit Coordinator QUT
- Director Medical Matters Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd
- Executive Officer Ophthalmology New Zealand (ONZ)
- QUT Team Leader - Support to Strengthen Customer Service Fiji