This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyCurrent Research Projects
- Surface fitting with application to plant architectures
- Gradient Estimation from discrete function values
- Simulation of digestive system mechanisms
- Modelling protein recruitment and expulsion in endosomal systems
- A multidimensional integral equation - numerical solution by iteration based on physical arguments
- Parameter fitting for the Climex software program
Applied Mathematics, Numerical and Computational Mathematics, Statistics
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
Professional memberships and associations
He is an Adjunct Professor at Queensland University of Technology.
He retired 7 years ago from the School of Mathematics and Physics at the University of Queensland with which he remains associated as an Honorary Research Fellow in the Institute for Molecular Bioscience.
John's professional interests:
Scientific Computing, Surface Fitting, Modelling Plant Growth, and the Numerical Solution of Integral Equations
The presentation and teaching of mathematics. The use of Mathematical Software in tertiary studies. Provision of mathematical techniques to users of mathematics. Fundamentally sound textbooks for senior year Mathematics in High Schools.
- Investigation of the teaching of linear algebra to tertiary students
Co-authored two volumes on Senior Mathematics B with R.Boggs, K. Bolger, and R. Farragher.