Faculty of Health,
School of Exercise & Nutrition Sciences
Human Movement and Sports Science
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD Constraints on Interceptive Actions in Cricket (University of Auckland)
- XNB174: Principles of Coaching Practice & Instruction
- XNB188: Skill Acquisition for Teachers
- XNB278: Skill Acquisition
- Consultancy with a wide range of National and regional sports organisations across the world. Notably, the AFL Coaching Team; Canadian Women's National Football team; The English Cricket Board Coaching Team; The Black Caps and New Zealand Cricket; Auckland Cricket: New Zealand PGA; Cricket Australia; Newcastle Knights;
- Renshaw I, Arnott P, McDowall G, (2021) The Constraints-Led Approach to Golf Coaching, Routledge.
- Renshaw I, Headrick J, Maloney M, Moy B, Pinder R, (2020) Constraints-led learning in practice: Designing effective learning environments. In N Hodges & M Williams, Skill Acquisition in Sport: Research, Theory and Practice (Third Edition), Routledge, pp. 163-182.
- Gorman A, Headrick J, Renshaw I, McCormack C, Topp K, (2021) A principled approach to equipment scaling for children’s sport: A case study in basketball, International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 16 (1), pp. 158-165.
- Connor J, Renshaw I, Farrow D, (2020) Defining cricket batting expertise from the perspective of elite coaches, PLoS ONE, 15 (6).
- Dehghansai N, Headrick J, Renshaw I, Pinder R, Barris S, (2020) Olympic and Paralympic coach perspectives on effective skill acquisition support and coach development, Sport, Education and Society, 25 (6), pp. 667-680.
- Adie J, Renshaw I, Polman R, Thompson M, Mann D, (2020) When in doubt, it's not out: Match format is associated with differences in elite-level cricket umpires’ leg-before-wicket decisions, Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 51.
- Renshaw I, Chow J, (2019) A constraint-led approach to sport and physical education pedagogy, Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy, 24 (2), pp. 103-116.
- Davids K, Araujo D, Lucas A, Roberts W, Newcombe D, Franks B, Renshaw I, (2019) Evaluating weaknesses of 'perceptual-cognitive training' and 'brain training' methods in sport: An ecological dynamics critique, Frontiers in Psychology, 9, pp. 1-14.
- Russell S, Renshaw I, Davids K, (2019) How interacting constraints shape emergent decision-making of national-level football referees, Qualitiative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health, 11 (4), pp. 573-588.
- Mccosker C, Renshaw I, Greenwood D, Davids K, Gosden E, (2019) How performance analysis of elite long jumping can inform representative training design through identification of key constraints on competitive behaviours, European Journal of Sport Science, 19 (7), pp. 913-921.