This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyPrior to joining the School of Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations, Connie was an Associate Professor of International Marketing and Services Marketing at the School of Business at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez in Chile. She has worked as a marketing manager for organisations such as Computech, Artel, SAIC, and GMS Products and Graphics in Chile.
- International retailing and services
- Culture and relationship marketing
- Export performance
- Internationalisation of retailing and services
- Effect of cultural differences on service encounters
- The role of marketing on food exporters
- Cross-cultural consumer behaviour
- Tourism and nation branding.
Current Research Projects and Collaborations
Connie is working on several studies including:
- The inward-export process of service firms (bringing foreign customers to the domestic market), with Judy Drennan (Queensland University of Technology).
- Retail fashion disposal behaviour, with Grete Birtwistle (University of Glasgow).
- Nation branding in tourism marketing with Stephen Pike (Queensland University of Technology).
Future collaboration interests
Connie would like to conduct cross-cultural studies in services, including technology, or retailing. She would also like to investigate the retail industry in Australia, specifically, consumption preferences for different types of retail stores.
- 2006: Teaching Award, Universidad Adolfo Ibanez
- 2005: Academic Excellence Award, Universidad Adolfo Ibanez
- 2004: Teaching Award, Universidad Adolfo Ibanez.
Internationalisation, Marketing, Retailing, Services
- Bianchi C, Drennan J, Proud B, (2014) Antecedents of consumer brand loyalty in the Australian wine industry, Journal of Wine Research, 25 (2), pp. 91-104.
- Bianchi C, Pike S, Lings I, (2014) Investigating attitudes towards three South American destinations in an emerging long haul market using a model of consumer-based brand equity (CBBE), Tourism Management, 42, pp. 215-223.
- Andrews L, Bianchi C, (2013) Consumer Internet purchasing behaviour in Chile, Journal of Business Research, 66 (10), pp. 1791-1799.
- Wickramasekera R, Bianchi C, (2013) Management characteristics and the decision to internationalize: exploration of exporters vs. non-exporters within the Chilean wine industry, Journal of Wine Research, 24 (3), pp. 195-209.
- Pike S, Bianchi C, (2013) Destination branding performance measurement: A non-technical discussion for practitioners, Luyou Xuekan [Tourism Tribune], 28 (1), pp. 13-15.
- Bianchi C, Birtwistle G, (2012) Consumer clothing disposal behaviour: a comparative study, International Journal of Consumer Studies, 36 (3), pp. 335-341.
- Bianchi C, Drennan J, (2012) Drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction for overseas service customers: A critical incident technique approach, Australasian Marketing Journal, 20 (1), pp. 97-107.
- Bianchi C, Pike S, (2011) Antecedents of destination brand loyalty for a long-haul market: Australia's destination loyalty among Chilean travelers, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28 (7), pp. 736-750.
- Bianchi C, Saleh A, (2011) Antecedents of importer relationship performance in Latin America, Journal of Business Research, 64 (3), pp. 258-265.
- Bianchi C, (2011) Inward internationalization of consumer services: Lessons from Australian firms, Journal of Services Marketing, 25 (4), pp. 282-293.