- Applications open
- 9 August 2021
- Applications close
- 26 November 2021
What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $6,000 paid over two years.
Other benefits include automatic entry into QUT's College of Excellence.
- have completed Year 12 (or a gap year) in 2021
- be starting university for the first time in 2022
- identify as female
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident, or hold a
permanent humanitarian visa
- have achieved a minimum unadjusted ATAR of 92.0 or above
- have placed QUT as your first preference
- be applying to start one of:
Your application will be assessed based on:
- academic performance
- gender and diversity profile
- demonstrated aspiration and passion for technology, including growing an understanding of technology and its potential
- commitment to personal and professional growth and development, including the ability to balance study with other pursuits.
How to apply
Applications are now open and close 26 November, 2021.
Complete the application form
To be considered for this scholarship, you will need to submit your application by the close date.
What happens next?
We will assess applications against eligibility criteria and response to application questions. We'll only notify successful applicants.
There will be two rounds of offers:
- first round offers will be made to applicants who have put QUT as their first course preference. We'll make offers in January 2022.
- second round offers will be made after the acceptance cut-off date for round one.
A scholarship offer does not mean that you're automatically accepted into the course you've applied for. You still have to apply and be accepted through QTAC.
- be enrolled full-time in an eligible course for the duration of your studies
- achieve a minimum course grade point average (GPA) of 5 each semester
- contribute to and participate in QUT Women in IT activities.
- defer your scholarship offer
- hold any other scholarship except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact us at email@example.com.
About the scholarship
The Women in Information Technology scholarship aims to support high-achieving female students undertaking their first year of an information technology undergraduate degree. The scholarship also aims to foster leadership and networking among emerging female information technology leaders, by encouraging scholarship recipients to contribute to and participate in the QUT Women in IT activities.