The workshop offers a variety of insights into the process of effective negotiation, including:
- how to open the discussion
- handling emotions (yours and theirs)
- understanding the deeper motivations of the negotiating parties
- using differences in interests to craft win-win deals
- preparing for a challenging negotiation
- identifying trust issues
- techniques to build trust
- strategies to break negotiation impasses.
Who should participate?
This one-day workshop is for senior executives looking to master the art of negotiation to create win-win deals. It may also benefit project leaders needing to better negotiate with colleagues, clients and suppliers as well as human resources professionals who engage in complex performance reviews.
Rachel Collis is director of RJC Consulting, an executive coach at the QUT Graduate School of Business, and a lecturer in negotiation skills for the university's Executive MBA and MBA programs.
Rachel's background as a medical practitioner and psychiatrist mean that she has a deep understanding of human behaviour. It is why she has been called upon to advise a variety of ASX-listed companies and public sector organisations in the areas of negotiation, interpersonal relationships, resilience and leadership development.