With technology at the forefront of everything we do, the importance of bringing it into the classroom has never been more evident. While there are many classroom apps for students already available, the majority are created by non-educators and don't meet practical classroom needs.
Developing an educational app to meet specific learning needs can be a useful and creative teaching tool to engage students, share useful teaching resources and support students in making their own apps.
Evolve with QUTeX
QUTeX furthers the professional development of educators with real-world learning activities relevant to real classrooms. With this course, you'll identify a learning need in your teaching context and learn how to make an app for your school or classroom customised to your students.
Who should participate?
This 13-hour online module has been designed for pre-service teachers, teachers and education leaders who want to learn how to create an app for their classroom activities. This course is also for edupreneurs with an interest in developing an educational app from an identified learning need.
For Australian educators, this module aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
- 1.2 Understand how students learn
- 2.6 Information and Communication Technology
- 3.3 Use teaching strategies
- 3.4 Select and use resources
- 4.1 Support student participation
- 4.5 Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically
- 6.1 Identify and plan professional learning needs
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
- 6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice
- 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities