The ability to understand and apply management principles and consider how they contribute to the operation of organisations and enterprise environments is vital for the contemporary informational professional. You will be introduced to a range of management issues such as strategic planning, leadership, change management, innovation management, and human resources planning. You will also develop an understanding of the core functions of planning, organising, directing, and controlling in the dynamic internal and external environments in which organisations operate.
- Science and Engineering Faculty
- Information Science
- Study area
- Information technology
- Credit points
Previous study requirements
- INN331, ITN274
Guide to previous study requirements
- To enrol in this unit, you must have completed these prerequisite units (or have credit, advanced standing or exemption for them), or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent background knowledge.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these anti-requisite units.
- To enrol in this unit, you must have already completed these co-requisite units, or you must enrol in them at the same time.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these equivalent units.
- Assumed knowledge
- We assume that you have a minimum level of knowledge in certain areas before you start this unit.