The unit will aid you to develop architectural designs of intermediate complexity with focus on the integration of issues pertinent to commercial architectural projects that address modern technology, society and culture. This design unit expects you to start undertaking your own, independent research and project development, aiming for a real-world design environment. It builds upon design skills developed in previous units focusing on commercial architecture of industrial and mixed-use projects. Particular emphasis is placed on effective and professional communication of the design intent with the aid of digital tools. Design theory, sustainability, sociology, heritage and adaptive re-use, history and critique, as they all apply to architectural design, all form part of the content.
- Creative Industries Faculty
- Study area
- Building and planning
- Credit points
Dates and locations
|Semester 1, 2020||24 February 2020 - 19 June 2020||
Previous study requirements
- DAB201 or DAB310
- DAB511, DAH510, DAB510
Guide to previous study requirements
- To enrol in this unit, you must have completed these prerequisite units (or have credit, advanced standing or exemption for them), or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent background knowledge.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these anti-requisite units.
- To enrol in this unit, you must have already completed these co-requisite units, or you must enrol in them at the same time.
- You can’t enrol in this unit if you have completed any of these equivalent units.
- Assumed knowledge
- We assume that you have a minimum level of knowledge in certain areas before you start this unit.