Schools can access online resources and on-campus opportunities to engage with specific areas of study.
BlueShift is a business case competition open to Queensland students in Years 11 and 12. Competing teams are given a real-world case study and have four weeks to prepare and submit a solution in a written report. Finalists are then selected and are required to present their proposed solution to a panel of judges at the finals, held at our Gardens Point campus.
Our Faculty of Law delivers activities and advice to school students contemplating careers in law and justice. We offer interactive and educational activities to provide students with insights into the professions of law, criminology, policing, intelligence or government.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM)
To engage secondary students in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) disciplines, we offer a variety of on-campus activities in our Science and Engineering Centre.
These educational activities include free curriculum-linked workshops, multi-school event days, digital experiences using The Cube and professional development courses for teachers.
The QUTube is our YouTube channel. We produce videos about:
Equity Services provides a suite of widening participation activities to support students from north Brisbane to Sunshine Coast south areas, with a particular emphasis on low-SES, rural and Indigenous students.
QUT Library Schools' Program
Our library provides resources and services for school students and teachers including:
- access to research and study skills tools
- school student and teacher library membership
- research and study skills workshops
QUT Precincts at our Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses are rich playgrounds for out-of-the-classroom educational experiences. Our facilities are world class, and we offer events and activities at:
- QUT Art Museum, which offers hands-on workshops and curator-led tours linked to exhibitions of contemporary art
- William Robinson Gallery, which exhibits the work of this important artist and offers drawing-based workshops and curator led tours
- Creative Industries Precinct, an incubator for contemporary art, new media and design that offers hands-on workshops and curator-led tours of exhibitions
- QUT Gardens Theatre, which presents performances for schools and children
- Old Government House, which delivers activities and tours that uncover the history of Queensland
- The Cube, a digital, interactive learning environment that offers hands-on, interdisciplinary workshops across science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
Events, publications and school liaison
- Phone: +61 7 3138 8669
Level 7, F Block,
Victoria Park Rd
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059