We offer programs that are embedded with real experiences, applied research, and comprehensive interpersonal skills.
Why study psychology and counselling at QUT?
- Study specialised areas of psychology including alcohol and drug studies, forensic psychology and the law, sexuality and gender, family therapy, and community psychology.
- Complete elective units from other areas in the university such as science, criminology, creative industries, and business.
- Join a community with a culture built upon inclusion, diversity and collaboration.
- Our psychology courses are accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council and provide a pathway to becoming a registered psychologist.
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Justice
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)
Masters by coursework
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental)
Short courses and professional development
Courses with contemporary curriculum
We offer programs that provide pathways for a dynamic career – from undergraduate behavioural science through to PhDs.
Our flexible Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) lets you focus on specialised areas in psychology and in other areas of interest across the university. You may also pair this degree with one in business, laws, justice, social work, or nursing.
You have the opportunity to complete a placement at one of our partner organisations and explore career pathways in clinical psychology, cognitive neuroscience, social psychology and child protection, disability services, or human resources.
All of our students have the opportunity to have an international experience. Recently, our students have travelled to Romania, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, China and Bangladesh.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
School of Psychology and Counselling
- Phone: 3138 4520
- Int. phone: +617 3138 4520