We offer Queensland's only university course in radiation therapy, and we were the first provider of a medical imaging degree in the state.
Why study medical radiation sciences at QUT?
- Access leading technology on campus, including 3D simulation equipment to practise your skills and develop your confidence.
- Learn from registered, practising radiographers and radiation therapists who have extensive experience in the industry.
- Gain experience with placements in hospitals and clinical departments.
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Medical Physics)
- Graduate Diploma in Cardiac Ultrasound
- Graduate Diploma in Medical Ultrasound
Masters by coursework
Masters by research
Get hands-on experience in our new state-of-the-art medical imaging and radiation facilities on campus, and participate in laboratory practical sessions from the beginning of your course.
Our Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) suite is a virtual radiation therapy treatment room. Treat virtual patients using 3D glasses, where you can view the internal organs and actually see where the radiation therapy beam is being directed.
Complete medical imaging placements in different hospital departments such as emergency, theatre, paediatrics, and intensive care.
Learn from industry
Our courses are designed in consultation with clinical staff from medical imaging and radiation oncology departments, and taught by registered practising radiographers working in local hospitals, so you'll have access to knowledge of the latest industry techniques and equipment.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Phone: 3138 1938
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 1938
- Email: email@example.com