Our graduates have outstanding success in a range of exciting entertainment industries, including working on major film and television projects.
Why study film and screen at QUT?
- Develop skills in cinematography, editing, sound or directing, or learn how to be a producer or scriptwriter.
- Showcase your work to industry professionals and external clients at public screenings.
- Choose to work from a range of genres, including documentary, drama, television and experimental film, while exploring digital and mobile platforms.
- Diversify your studies with a double degree to gain more knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments (Software Technologies)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Masters by coursework
Short courses and professional development
Build diverse skills
Our courses emphasise creating quality content for a broad range of applications.
You can explore a range of genres, including documentary, drama, television formats and experimental film. You'll be encouraged to develop skills in formats that include film, television, digital, web and mobile platforms.
Our film courses are designed for the digital age and provide flexible study options that encourage you to consider innovative and contemporary formats, such as digital web and mobile platforms.
Diversify your study
If you're interested in studying a range of creative degrees, you can choose to study our Bachelor of Creative Industries, which combines creativity and practical skills across of range of industries and practice.
You can also study a variety of double degrees in order to combine the Bachelor of Creative Industries with a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Human Services, Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Law (Honours).
Our graduates have made films and programs that have won Oscars, Emmys, BAFTAs and AFI and IF awards. They've had their work broadcast locally and overseas, and found employment on television programs such as:
- Australia's Got Talent
- Big Brother
- MasterChef (USA)
- The Voice
- Australian Story
- The Checkout
- Hungry Beast
- Go Back to Where You Came From
- Terra Nova
- Absolutely Fabulous (BBC London)
- The Thick of It (BBC London)
- Quick Cuts (BBC London).
Our graduates have also worked on international features, including:
- Harry Potter
- The Wolverine
- Quantum of Solace
- The Great Gatsby
- Les Misérables
- Anna Karenina
- Batman Returns
- Dark Shadows
- Nim's Island
- Total Recall
- The Turning.
Our graduates have made films that have screened at major international and Australian film festivals, including:
- Brisbane International Film Festival
- Sydney Film Festival
Our graduates work in the film, television and screen industries in positions on film sets, for production companies, for screen media outlets and as freelance professionals.
If you specialise in producing, you may aspire to work in research, production management, script development and editing, or programming and scheduling for screen media outlets.
If you specialise in the craft of developing film and screen properties, you can pursue a career as a cinematographer, vision and sound editor, director or scriptwriter.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059