Plan, design, construct and maintain a range of structures and facilities to build our future.
Why study civil engineering at QUT?
- Learn to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain a variety of structures and facilities.
- Complete an engineering course that has honours-level content integrated throughout, giving you a career edge.
- Work closely with industry professionals in an innovative learning environment that involves real-world, hands-on activities.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
Build our future
Learn to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain a variety of structures and facilities. You'll study units in:
- geotechnical and water engineering
- sustainable engineering
- steel, highway and transport engineering.
Broaden your experience and explore your interests with a second study area from:
- construction engineering
- environmental engineering
- structural engineering
- transport engineering
- logistics management.
Graduate with honours
This is an honours-level course, which means you'll graduate with a distinct career edge. An honours degree is a higher qualification than a bachelor degree, giving you advanced knowledge and skills that will benefit you in your professional career, or future research and study.
In our courses, you'll gain experience with real-world, hands-on activities in an innovative learning environment.
You'll work under the supervision of a certified engineer, and gain credit for paid work, with our work integrated learning program.
Because this course provides our students with broad knowledge and specialisations, you'll graduate ready to start work in professional practice.
Our graduates can work as:
- consulting engineers
- project managers
- municipal engineers
- structural engineers
- transport engineers
- geotechnical engineers
- water engineers.
They can work in:
- government or semi-government agencies
- construction firms
- power-generating authorities
- mining firms
- property development
- consulting engineering firms.
You may also eventually be able to establish your own consulting engineering practice, or your technical expertise may lead to diverse careers in areas such as law, finance or entertainment.
All our graduates are eligible for an Engineers Australia membership. Engineers Australia is a signatory to the Washington Accord, which lets graduates work in countries around the world and means your qualification will be recognised internationally.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001