We specialise in the business of government and policy. Through management, leadership, policy skills and executive development, we can help build your organisation, department and individual professional capabilities.
Why study at QUT?
- Choose a short course or graduate certificate.
- Balance academic theory with hands-on practice so you can apply your learning directly to the workplace.
- Combine online learning with face-to-face workshops (in most capital cities) over the course of your program, minimising disruption to your work.
- Co-design with our experts a program to address your needs.
- Developed in conjunction with the public service, our policy course is vocationally focussed, so you will learn practical skills such as how to present briefing notes, reports and cabinet submissions.
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Managing and Leading in the Public Sector)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Sector Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Policy and Governance
Short courses and professional development
Get the right program for you
We design, develop, deliver and evaluate our programs based on your individual and organisational goals. We specialise in building capabilities in management, leadership, strategic thinking, change and innovation, risk management and communication. We also develop capabilities in systemic thinking, benefits realisation, strategic supplier relationships, program management, and leadership of contestability.
We offer organisational coaching services to complement our programs, and we can work with you as a team or individually to support your organisational change.
Develop your management and leadership strengths
Our national Public Sector Management Program (workshops and online) enhances your management or leadership skills, improves your career opportunities, and broadens your understanding of the public sector.
Study individual leadership modules with the Emerging Leaders Program
If you want to develop your leadership skills and fill knowledge gaps, apply for the Emerging Leaders Program (workshops and online). Designed for aspiring or recently appointed executives in the public sector, you'll learn transferable, relevant leadership skills in a combination of online learning, face-to-face workshops and a workplace project.
Want to work at the pointy end of policy?
The fully online policy and governance course can deliver you the skills and confidence to become a key player in policy development. Designed with the Queensland Public Service Commission, it’s career-focused and hands on. And best of all it can be completed in just one year.
Work-based blended learning
We understand the importance of work-life balance. Our flexible blended learning approach is designed to minimise the time you spend away from work, while maximising your learning through a combination of face-to-face workshops, online learning, work-based projects and reflective practice.
Build professional networks
Meet your fellow industry professionals and work closely together in workshops and online activities. Collaborate and network with other professionals in the public sector and non-government organisations over the course of the program, building strong industry networks that will last.
Gain credit for further study
If you complete any of the Graduate Certificates, you are eligible for credit in our Masters courses including the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.