At QUT, we understand that complex projects require effective leaders if they're to deliver the benefits that stakeholders seek. This is especially true in a world characterised by complexity, ambiguity and rapid change.
Why study project and commercial leadership at QUT?
- Build on your expertise in project management to become a complex program delivery leader.
- Learn to expand your influence using advanced business communications, strategy, creative problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Benefit from executive coaching to enrich your leadership and decision-making skills, and develop as a leader.
- Build your skills in financial, risk and opportunity assessment for preparing and evaluating business proposals.
- Take an international study tour to explore how leaders in global organisations manage large and complex problems.
Masters by coursework
- Master of Business - Executive (Complex Program Leadership)
- Master of Business - Executive (Strategic Procurement)
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Professional Engineering
- Master of Project Management
Short courses and professional development
Work with the Graduate School of Business
Our Graduate School of Business specialises in real-world leadership and multidisciplinary decision-making, with academics, staff and curricula that combine academic knowledge with real-world industry application. Our expertise in leadership, strategy, innovation, program management and decision-making lets us deliver powerful outcomes for business and governments around the world.
The school offers award-winning MBA and Executive Masters programs, custom-designed corporate and government organisations, and professional development short courses.
The QUT Business School is ranked in the global top 70 executive education providers by the UK Financial Times, and is one of only three Australian universities to feature in this prestigious world ranking.
Join an international network
The Executive Masters of Business in Complex Program Leadership and Strategic Procurement are specialist coursework masters based on the competency standard for complex project managers, as maintained by the International Centre for Complex Project Management (ICCPM). Engage with the ICCPM community of program delivery leaders while you're studying and after you've graduated.
Our courses give you the opportunity to collaborate and learn with other senior project and commercial managers working in large and complex programs. The executive masters programs are also offered in Canada through the University of Ottawa Telfer Business School, with the first Canadian cohort starting in September 2015.
Balance work, study and your personal life
Our executive masters are blended learning programs, delivered over a period of three years. Face-to-face workshops are spaced regularly throughout the course and are complemented with online learning and virtual collaborations. This blended learning format means less disruption to your personal and professional life.
Collaborate with project and commercial leaders
Our executive masters programs in complex program leadership and strategic procurement are delivered together, allowing project and commercial managers to collaborate and learn from each other. Work closely with your fellow students to align your project and commercial objectives, and get valuable experience by collaborating to deliver large and complex programs.
Executive masters students are senior project and commercial managers from government and industry. Past participants have been sponsored by:
- Department of Defence
- Australian Taxation Office
- Department of Health
- Airbus Defence
- BAE Systems
- John Holland
- Lockheed Martin
- a range of engineering, technology and small and medium enterprises.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.