Start practising your skills in your first year in specialised pharmacy facilities at our Gardens Point campus.
Why study pharmacy at QUT?
- Build confidence in counselling patients and dispensing medications in our specialised facilities during your first year.
- Complete clinical placements throughout your second to fourth years in hospital and community pharmacies.
- Study the communication skills, and scientific and business management involved in contemporary pharmacy.
Practical experience in pharmacies
Pharmacy counselling room
Build confidence in your skills from your first year of study with our pharmacy counselling room - a simulated pharmacy where you can practise:
- prescription processing
- product labelling
- therapeutic use of over-the-counter medications.
You'll also use specialist equipment in our compounding and pharmaceutical laboratories.
Start clinical placements in your second year of study, giving you real experience in hospital and community pharmacies.
Our courses are regularly reviewed in consultation with the profession to capture the emerging trends in community and hospital pharmacy. We are recognised for delivering quality graduates, and our students are often successful in winning state and national pharmacy competitions.
Our staff and researchers are working in:
- characterising heat receptors (in particular beta-adreno receptors) and uncovering new knowledge to create more effective drugs to treat chronic heart disease
- improving drug efficiencies by investigating nasal delivery systems
- pharmacy communication and education.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Phone: 3138 1938
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 1938
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org