We're one of the largest and most established schools of nursing in Australia, with more than 35 years of experience and industry consultation.
Why study nursing at QUT?
- Learn from some of the most respected and influential policy-shapers in Australian nursing today.
- Complete placements in areas of nursing that interest you and enjoy opportunities to travel overseas and provide health services to international communities
- Access leading facilities that simulate real hospital environments at both our Kelvin Grove and Caboolture campuses.
- Be part of a School of Nursing that's globally recognised for excellent outcome-focused research that addresses contemporary health issues.
- Study focused postgraduate programs that respond to priorities in nursing practice and are delivered by professionals who are leaders in clinical facilities.
Masters by coursework
Masters by research
Get hands-on experience
Get valuable experience working with real patients during placements. Our industry partnerships mean you have access to placements in areas of nursing practice that are of specific interest, for example, intensive care or emergency nursing. Gain global experience and travel overseas during your undergraduate degree to deliver healthcare services to international communities. Build your confidence and skills in our high-quality specialist facilities on campus, and participate in unique community events that are educational and proactive in solving community health issues.
We offer nursing programs at our Kelvin Grove and Caboolture campuses.
Kelvin Grove campus offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs. You'll have access to:
- the Clinical Simulation Centre, which uses real simulation equipment and technologies to immerse students in an environment that mirrors real facilities and experiences
- QUT Health Clinics, which allows students to provide health services to the local community under the supervision of experts
- the Institute for Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI), an internationally competitive research institute with a focus on injury prevention and trauma management, health determinants and health systems, and chronic disease and ageing. IHBI's facilities extend beyond QUT campuses to include research facilities at major Brisbane hospitals where patients are treated.
Caboolture campus offers a purpose-built nursing facility for undergraduate students that includes:
- two hospital wards
- a laboratory for developing clinical skills
- specialised monitoring facilities.
Many of our courses offer full-time, part-time, on-campus and external delivery modes to help you make the most of your study in a way that suits your lifestyle.
We offer customised short courses for health organisations and staff. We tailor these courses to meet your needs, including flexible delivery options.
Learn from the best
Our staff have won numerous Australian Learning and Teaching Council awards, and our academic staff participate in committees for:
- the World Health Organisation
- the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council
- the International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care.
Many staff hold joint appointments with leading Brisbane hospitals, and contribute to improving nursing practice and patient outcomes through senior leadership positions in these facilities.
In the community
- Dementia Collaborative Research Centre - Carers and Consumers (DCRC-CC)
- Queensland Dementia Training Study Centre (QLD DTSC)
- Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education (CPCRE)
- Palliative Care for Undergraduates (PCC4U)
- Wound Management Innovation Cooperative Research Centre
- Centre for Research Excellence for End-of-Life Care
- Program of Professional Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA)
- Women's Wellness Program Study
- Would Healing Community Outreach Service
- Leg Clubs.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
School of Nursing
- Phone: 3138 3824
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 3824
- Fax: 3138 0500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 6, B Wing, O Block
Victoria Park Road
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059