Build your skills with the latest specialist equipment, focus on solving real industry problems, and work with internationally recognised maths academics and researchers.
Why study mathematics at QUT?
- Be part of a small, high-performing group of students.
- Learn from internationally recognised lecturers and professors.
- Choose an undergraduate specialisation in applied and computational mathematics, decision science, or statistical science.
- Benefit from local and international collaborative research links, and study with a focus on solving real industry problems.
- Complete undergraduate research projects in the summer, working with QUT lecturers and researchers to experience mathematics in the real research world.
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Decision Science)
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Statistical Science)
Short courses and professional development
Choose your specialisation
Depending on your career goals, research aspirations and area of interest, you can find a course or major that suits your needs.
We offer three majors as part of our Bachelor of Mathematics:
- applied and computational mathematics, including computational and mathematical techniques embedded in the solutions to real-world, large scale problems
- decision science, featuring operations research and financial mathematics
- statistical science, including modelling real-world data and problems.
All of these majors will prepare you to start working in industry, or advance to further study in our postgraduate research programs.
Boost your learning and future career or research prospects with hands-on experience working as part of a research team. Undergraduate students have the opportunity to complete the Vacation Research Experience Scheme, which lets you contribute to a real research project working with QUT's expert researchers.
High-performing students may be invited to work with our internationally recognised research academics and industry professionals on real research projects, giving you academic credit toward your final year of study.
Develop your skills
Develop not only your mathematical abilities, but also develop your skills in communication, problem-solving, critical thinking and teamwork. These integral skills will help prepare you for your future career in a broad range of disciplines and industries.
Learn from the best
Our School of Mathematical Sciences is a leader in delivering world-class teaching and research. Many of our academics are world leaders in research and have strong industry ties, ensuring that teaching material is relevant to industry needs.
We're also proud to be home to an ARC Laureate Fellow, as well as several professorial fellows and nationally awarded teachers.
Our Science and Engineering staff have received 10 prestigious Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) awards since 2006, for teaching excellence, outstanding contributions to student learning, and programs that enhance learning.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001