We provide a strong foundation in contemporary legal knowledge with award-winning lecturers and real-world placements that develop industry connections.
Why study law at QUT?
- Prepare for your legal career with a strong foundation in contemporary legal knowledge and real-world relevant skills.
- Establish meaningful connections with high-profile industry employers through work placements, mentoring opportunities and mooting competitions.
- Access high-quality city-based learning facilities including our QUT Law Library and moot court facilities, as well as our expert legal librarians.
- Choose from a wide range of double degrees to complement your law study and broaden your career options.
- Enjoy flexible study options like taking all your lectures via podcast, doing tutorials online, and accelerating your study with summer semesters
- Gain a competitive edge by engaging in work placements and international experiences.
- Access our expert careers advisor who offers one-on-one advice and group seminars about how to secure your dream job, including CV writing and interview advice.
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative Writing)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Justice/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Masters by coursework
Short courses and professional development
Be taught by a highly experienced, award-winning team of professionals who will support your successful transition from university to your chosen career.
Our experts have up-to-date knowledge on areas including:
- health law
- commercial and property law
- intellectual property and innovation law
- international law and global governance.
Our lecturers are recognised for their expertise and achievement with prestigious fellowships and awards, including from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council, the QUT Academy of Learning and Teaching, the QUT David Gardiner Teacher of the Year Award.
Our programs, developed in consultation with industry professionals, offer hands-on-learning opportunities to develop problem-solving skills in community, corporate and government practices.
Flexible postgraduate options are available to both law and non-law graduates, with on-campus and online offerings, and provides the training necessary to succeed in the community, corporate and government practices.
Most units have assessments that provide you with opportunities to apply what you’re learning in real-world situations. In first-year unit Dispute Resolution, for example, students participate in a mediation role play to explore a case and reflect on their performance.
We offer work and study abroad, short-term work placements in South-East Asia and the Pacific, including China, Indonesia, Japan, Bhutan, Myanmar and Vanuatu. Students have visited China for a two-week environmental law internship, and worked in Bhutan working with the Bhutan National Legal Institute on programs for law clubs in schools. The popular Bridges Across Borders South-East Asia CLE program saw students undertake a three-week internship to Myanmar to teach clinical legal education concepts, including access to justice and pro bono, to law teachers and students. Other students have visited Vanuatu to look at climate change and the law, undertaken an internship program in Japan with leading mining firm Mitsui, and attended a conference on pro bono law in Indonesia.
We have a dedicated placements coordinator who arranges and advises on industry placements. You'll have the opportunity for placements with firms, government and in community organisations.
Our QUT Law Library provides specialised online and print legal information and resources, including online access to databases and journals. Industry-experienced librarians and law student peer advisers are available to provide legal research support.
Mooting (mock trials) teaches the art of courtroom procedure, etiquette and debate, and helps you apply theory in a courtroom setting. Be coached by lawyers, barristers and judges who'll share their knowledge and experience.
Our courtrooms have seen thousands of students build confidence and skills through regular mooting competitions and mock trials.
Our mooting program is integrated throughout the degree, so you can sharpen your legal skills and gain confidence in the courtroom as you progress through your studies and even compete interstate and internationally.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Phone: 3138 2707
Level 4, C Block
2 George St
- Postal address:
Faculty of Law
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
Got a question?
The Faculty of Law support team is here to help.