We have been one of Australia’s principal landscape educators for 50 years, and we offer the only fully accredited landscape architecture degree in Queensland.
Why study landscape architecture at QUT?
- Learn to research, plan, design and advise on the organisation, conservation and sustainability of outdoor environments.
- Excel with our industry-focused combination of creativity, communication, technology and business enterprise.
- Benefit from our real-world projects and studio-based learning.
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design - International (Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours) (Urban and Regional Planning)
In our Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture), you can get involved in real-world problem-solving projects that involve community participation. You'll also combine professional workplace activities with academic learning, assessment and support in our Work Integrated Learning program.
Collaborate with the design community through public lectures, student-run exhibitions and international study tours to European design capitals, including Italy, Switzerland, Germany and France.
Our Honours degree in Landscape Architecture is the only fully accredited architecture degree in Queensland.
Our courses feature unique real-world projects and studio-based learning. They combine art and science to create long-lasting, useable and enjoyable outdoor spaces.
You'll learn how to design and plan projects, including:
- botanic gardens
- sporting complexes
- various educational, commercial, industrial and residential sites
- landscapes associated with major infrastructure systems, such as roads and railways.
Studying in Brisbane's unique subtropical climate offers exceptional climatic opportunities for design.
Your studies will be supported by new digital technologies and well-equipped workshops and design studios. Our design fabrication labs provide an innovative space for hands-on design prototyping.
Learn from the best
Our teaching staff are working professionals who bring their experience into your design studios and theory. Their research findings inform their teaching, which advances our landscape architecture courses and keeps them relevant and practical.
Pathways to postgraduate study
Turn your creative interests and professional expertise into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods. Complete your research as either a thesis or a practical industry-focused creative work, with a written component.
Our landscape architecture graduates excel in the real world, and have an outstanding record of achievement both nationally and globally.
Our courses prepare you for a career working independently, in small partnerships or in large multidisciplinary teams with other professionals, like architects, engineers, urban designers and town planners.
You can work in private practice or in government at all levels (municipal, state and federal) working on:
- site planning
- site design
- planting design
- landscape planning.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059