Combine creative industries, business and law to work in a huge range of exciting entertainment industries, from popular music to theme parks to sports.
Why study entertainment industries at QUT?
- Learn the business, legal and creative skills you'll need to work with live performances, events, sports, online gaming, film, television, videos and radio production.
- Gain experience and contacts in your industry through professional industry placements and projects.
- Choose independent study options where you can design and implement creative work.
- Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Communication (Entertainment Industries)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
You'll train to work as an entertainment producer who will initiate, design and run entertainment projects.
During the course, you'll produce live entertainment for popular Brisbane markets. In your final year, you'll undertake an industry internship and year-long industry-based project in which you'll work closely with one of our major entertainment industry partners. Your final year applies what you've learnt during your course in real-world organisations and projects.
You'll also have the opportunity to go on an international study tour, where you'll broaden your understanding of international entertainment and widen your professional network.
Make industry connections
We designed this course in close collaboration with key producers in the entertainment industries. Our strong industry involvement means that you'll benefit from practical experience, original and engaging learning exercises, and direct contact with entertainment producers.
You'll have the opportunity to undertake an industry placement or project during your course, ensuring that you'll graduate with professional experience and networks. Our current industry partners include Nova radio in Brisbane, Warner Bros Movie World theme park and the Ekka.
Pathways to postgraduate study
Turn your creative interests and professional expertise into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods. Complete your research as either a thesis or a practical industry-focused creative work, with a written component.
The entertainment industry encompasses many exciting areas, including:
- popular music
- computer games
- theme parks
Our graduates work as producers, researchers, publishers, agents and promoters in a broad variety of areas in the entertainment industries, including:
- music development at Universal Music Sydney
- youth officer for Disney Cruiselines
- events and promotions at Nova 106.9
- event management at EB Games
- music festival and promotions coordinator in Montreal
- entertainment development at Matthew Hayden's The Hayden Way cricket company
- independent band manager and music blogger
- head video producer at FIIK Skateboards
- events at Suncorp Stadium
- program developer at Cineplex
- booking agent at The Harbour Agency
- entrepreneurial roles, such as a student who began her own artist management, promotion and music events company, Hand Games.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059