Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Computer and Software Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Aerospace)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Medical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Process)
Masters by coursework
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Railway Infrastructure)
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Project Management
Masters by research
Why study engineering at QUT?
All our undergraduate courses are professionally accredited by Engineers Australia (EA). EA is a signatory to the Washington Accord, which means our graduates can work in countries across the world.
We offer many international opportunities, providing highly valuable global experiences:
- student exchanges with key universities in Europe, Asia and the Americas
- international internships with our global industry partners
- language programs and study tours to engineering hotspots like Dubai and Hong Kong.
- Big Sister Little Sister - a social female support network that provides engineering-focused mentoring
- Engineers Without Borders - travel and apply skills to solve real world problems and improve the lives of disadvantaged communities.
- SRUAV - designs, builds and operates autonomous aerial vehicles and tests them against other teams around the world in the UAV Outback Challenge
- Girls in Engineering Making Statements (GEMS) - provides social, educational and professional support for the female students of engineering
- QUT Motorsport - student-run professional motorsport team that designs, builds, and races a car in the annual Formula SAE competition.
Our Engineers Without Borders student group works with disadvantaged communities within Australia and overseas to improve quality of life through sustainable engineering projects.
Students study in our new $230 million Science and Engineering Centre and Community Hub which integrates science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines in a world leading model.
Civil engineers have a responsibility to produce safe, economical and environmentally sound infrastructure for the community - from roads and factories to railways and harbours.
Our engineering labs and workshops accommodate flexible laboratory spaces that facilitates civil engineering activities such as:
- hands on design
- geo-materials testing
- experimental materials.
Students obtain employment during and after their studies at organisations including:
- Robert Bird Group
- John Holland Group
- BMD Consulting
- Baulderstone Hornibrook
- Laing O'Rourke
- Queensland Resources Council
- Brisbane City Council
- QLD Department of Main Road and Transport.
Electrical engineering is concerned with the design, research, development, and management of electrical systems and devices which underpin modern economies.
We are the only university in Australia offering a degree in Aerospace Avionics.
Our mechatronics degree is unique in Australia and provides you with the skills to enter the growing market of automated systems and robotics.
Students are involved in ground breaking research through our Australian Research Centre for Aerospace Automation (ARCAA).
We are equipped with the latest in signal processing equipment, advanced computer hardware and laboratories. This helps us maintain our reputation as leading centre of engineering teaching, research and community service in Australia.
Mechanical engineering turns energy into power and motion. Mechanical engineers design, create, improve and maintain systems and machinery that are used for private and commercial purpose.
Be involved in ground breaking research through the QUT Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, and the QUT Medical Engineering Research Facility. Our key research areas include:
- Biomaterials and tissue engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Orthopedics and trauma
- Nanotechnology and nano materials
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency
Our engineering labs and workshops accommodate flexible laboratory spaces that facilitates mechanical engineering activities such as:
- experimental equipment analysis
- rapid prototyping
- medical engineering
- tissue culture
- medical robotics.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001