Be part of the most comprehensive undergraduate drama program in Queensland that has launched many successful careers in drama and live production.
Why study drama at QUT?
- Develop the skills, knowledge and connections to create, present, promote and teach drama.
- Perform, write and direct live performances in collaboration with other students and industry professionals.
- Learn to plan, fund and produce live events.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Choose your specialisation
In our drama courses, you'll develop skills in applied theatre, directing and collaborative production. You'll undertake a major production each year, guided by experienced directors and industry professionals.
Through this course, you can develop a career in directing, designing, teaching or devising drama; creative production; or drama administration; or you can perform in a range of experimental theatre forms.
Our drama courses combine creative experience in performance with theoretical study, while our connections to local industry help link you with established artists for mentoring opportunities.
Your first year will be very practical, involving classes, workshops and an end-of-year production. In your final year, you'll finetune your skills as a collaborative and entrepreneurial theatre artist. By working with specialist staff and industry professionals, you'll prepare, create and present your final production.
Learn from the best
You'll be taught by a range of industry professionals whose expertise and passion will inspire and guide you. They may also become your mentors and colleagues in future years. You'll collaborate with other students to develop creative relationships and professional networks.
Pathways to postgraduate study
Turn your creative interests and professional expertise into a postgraduate research degree to master new techniques, skills and research methods. Complete your research as either a thesis or a practical industry-focused creative work, with a written component.
Our graduates work in a broad variety of genres, including theatre and music. They have successful careers as:
- artistic directors
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059