Plan, design, construct and maintain a range of structures and facilities to build our future.
Why study civil engineering at QUT?
- Learn to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain a variety of structures and facilities.
- Work closely with industry professionals in an innovative learning environment that involves real-world, hands-on activities.
- As an undergraduate, complete a degree that has honours-level content integrated throughout, giving you a career edge.
- As a postgraduate, develop a career advantage by specialising in your field.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Landscape Architecture)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
In our undergraduate courses, you'll gain experience with real-world, hands-on activities in an innovative learning environment.
Participate in our Work Integrated Learning program, which gives you a chance to work with a certified engineer, and get credit for paid work experience.
Graduate ready to join the industry, with a combination of broad engineering knowledge and a strong civil or construction specialisation, including extensive hands-on experience and industry insight.
Build our future
When you study our civil engineering courses, you’ll learn to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain a variety of structures and facilities. You’ll study subjects in:
- geotechnical and water engineering
- sustainable engineering
- steel, highway and transport engineering.
Gain a career edge with honours
Our undergraduate degree is an honours-level course, which means you'll graduate with a distinct career edge. An honours degree is a higher qualification than a bachelor degree, giving you advanced knowledge and skills that will benefit you in your professional career, or future research and study.
All our graduates are eligible for an Engineers Australia membership. Engineers Australia is a signatory to the Washington Accord, which lets graduates work in countries around the world and means your qualification will be recognised internationally.
Focus or diversify your knowledge
- With our postgraduate coursework programs, you’ll develop advanced and specialised skills in your profession.
- Study a management courses to develop the skills to move towards a career in project and organisational management.
- Complete postgraduate research to focus your existing skills in a range of exciting fields, allowing you to develop advanced and specialised skills in your profession.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
General enquiries and student services
- Phone: 3138 8822
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 8822
Level 3, O Podium
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Science and Engineering Faculty
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001